Barbara was born, raised and educated in Illinois. She is exactly the kind of homegrown citizen legislator we need now. We are in a time of career politicians when political positions of power are handed down to the next generation by birthright, not merit. Dr. Bellar is the antidote to those failed ways of the past. Dr. Bellar has the cure to heal Illinois.
Dr. Bellar brings a background full of energy, ethics and success.
- Veteran Major, United States Army Reserve. IMA Unit
- Family Medicine Physician and Addiction Medicine Specialist
- Adjunct Teaching Faculty, DePaul University,
Medical Malpractice and Health Law
- Adjunct Graduate Teaching Faculty, Benedictine University,
Political and Ethical Issues in Public Health.
- Masters in Bioethics and Health Policy – Loyola University
- Licensed Attorney in the State of Illinois
- Current Graduate Studies in Public Health
Dr. Bellar is an active member and volunteer with many organizations, including…
- American Medical Association
- Illinois State Medical Society
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
- Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
- Fellow American College of Legal Medicine.
- Fellow American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Chairwoman of Ethics Committee, MetroSouth Medical Center.
Dr. Bellar is married to Harold P. Welsch, Ph.D, a Professor of Entrepreneurship at DePaul University.
Dr. Bellar served as a Benedictine nun for five years and remains active in her church.